Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Up in the air

Yes, I saw the movie (it was great); no, that's not what this is about. This is about one of the coolest chats I've ever had. Between ICQ since the age of 13-ish and now with MSN and Facebook chat some seven years later, I've sat through many conversations in front of a conversation, but none could have prepared me for this.

Bryan and Tyrone from 1LoveTO were out in L.A. this weekend for the Grammys supporting this week's Music Monday crew and tonight, as they were heading home, I saw this tweet on Tyrone's twitter:

So I checked it out to see if it worked and sure enough, there was Tyrone, in the flesh (ok, well on screen at least), live on the plane! Supposedly, they have wifi on some flights now - Air Canada, where were you in October when I went to Chicago?? - but ya, we chatted a little (I typed and he just talked back to me) and it was damn cool.

The point of this post is that I was just pretty amazed with current technology. Not only did I not know that wifi was available on flights, but streaming a live feed of yourself on a plane? Is it just me that finds this amazing? Leave your thoughts in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment