Thursday, February 11, 2010

Some Sad News


This morning the fashion world received terrible news when one of their most prolific designers, Alexander McQueen, was said to have committed suicide. I don't have much experience with Alexander McQueen's fashion but I know enough to know that it was both influential and very popular. Last night, I was at Holt Renfrew and witnessed the sale of numerous of his $400 silk scarves with skull patterns.

The extent of my knowledge of McQueen stems from a very recent (like 2 days ago recent) collection that he released in collaboration with Puma. I felt it would be inappropriate to post some pictures of the collection but it can be viewed here and my man LV posted the shoes that I sent him the other day.

Three years ago, McQueen lost his friend and mentor Isabella Blow to suicide, and last week his mother passed away. The sad news comes on the first day of New York Fashion Week, and I heard he was supposed to have a show today.

Read the article that originally broke the news here.

No comments:

Post a Comment