Monday, February 15, 2010

rag & bone F/W 10

Kentucky's rag & bone launched their Autumn/Winter 2010 line at New York Fashion Week two days ago but rather than featuring a lookbook here on the blog, I'd like to give mad props to Michael Williams of A Continuous Lean for putting together this neat little video of all the outfits. Pause on any look you like, and there you go, you have your personal lookbook.

I like the collection, although I'm starting to tire of this utilitarian/1930s military-inspired look. The concept of trends isn't lost on me, but a brand needs to do something to set itself apart. If a consumer doesn't like one brand, then as a company you want to offer up something different. That being said, I think rag & bone did a great job on their cardigans and knitted accessories and their good use of purple really adds a needed boost to some of the outfits.

In case you want the real shots, check out GQ's coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment