Sunday, February 14, 2010

NBA All-Star Game 2010


Tonight's NBA All-Star Game is sure to be less than exciting. With four players inured (Brandon Roy, Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant and Allen Iverson), and a less than stellar cast of replacements (Chris Kaman, Chauncey Billups, Jason Kidd and David Lee), along with the non-existant defence of previous All-Star tilts, this game may look more like circus than showmanship. Not to mention the fact that this year's event is being held in the new Cowboys Stadium, with a capacity of 100,000, and will dwarf the players to ant-like status for anyone higher sitting in row 30 and above. But don't worry about the nosebleeders, because the screen you see below is actually bigger than the court itself; visibility shouldn't be a problem.

As you know, I love the NBA but this year, I'm just not feeling the All-Star game. I'm going out for my mom's birthday tonight and unless I have nothing better to do when I get home, I'll probably just catch the highlights tomorrow. Besides the first time nominations of Deron Williams, Derrick Rose and Kevin Durant - 3 players who I love - the only person I'm really happy for is Chris Bosh, who's been an absolute monster this year and nabbed his 5th appearance. But then again, I watch him play 82 other nights of the year. Should he be starting rather than Kevin Garnett? Absolutely! Are the fans ever going to recognize his talent and leadership? That remains to be seen.

As an ode to the great moments of the All-Star games of yesteryear, here is ESPN's Top 10 All-Star Weekend moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment