Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tunes Tuesday: Janelle Monáe


I figured I'd drop my first Tunes Tuesday since I completely missed Music Monday. This edition will feature a new artist I heard this week, Kansas City native Janelle Monáe. I was introduced twice to the Grammy-nominated singer on the same day as she just happened to be featured on two blogs I follow. While some may know her for her sweet style, I'm in it for the music. Her fourth CD The ArchAndroid is set to drop sooner than later. Besides her Grammy nomination (for Best Urban/Alternative Performance for Many Moons), the 25 year-old has become friends with Outkast, signed with Diddy's Bad Boy Records and opened for No Doubt. Expect to hear Janelle Monáe's name around a lot more in the recent future.

Download "Cold War"

Download "Tightrope"

Links via Thunderkush

1 comment:

  1. Love this new Janelle monae! Can't wait till the album drop on may 18th!!!

    ReplyDelete