Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The little things that make athletics so entertaining


I cannot deny that I am a sports addict. I love competition, winners and losers, and the best athletes doing what they do best. But obviously the nature of sports is pretty messed up. For instance, today the LA Lakers' Ron Artest, famous for punching Detroit fans in 2004's Pistons-Pacers brawl (Artest fights fans) admitted to the media that he use to drink at halftime.

"I used to drink Hennessy ... at halftime, I [kept it] in my locker. I'd just walk to the liquor store and get it," says Artest in an ESPN interview (ESPN).

I obviously do not condone what Artest did, but here is an individual who clearly has a troubled past (he is known for being a little crazy) and he is just being honest and forthright about some of his prior idiotic actions.

Sports is not a natural existence. It takes young individuals and thrusts them into multi-million dollar, media crazed settings i.e. just look at the Tiger Woods media frenzy.

Here's a guy admitting his vices; good for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment