Saturday, November 21, 2009

Am I going to actually have to see this New Moon movie just to keep up?


Trust me, I would only post about anything Twilight-related if it were super important. According to Entertainment Weekly, the second installment of the Twilight series "New Moon" made - wait for it - $72.7 MILLION yesterday alone! WHAT?!?! Are you kidding me? This easily (by about $10 million) smoked the old opening-day record set by "Batman: The Dark Knight" last year. Further qualifying this obscene money maker is the fact it opened in 343 fewer theatres than did The Dark Knight (which for the record, is one of my favourite movies ever).

I'm not running out to see this thing, but come on, these numbers are telling. And so far, the reviews have been mostly on the positive side. Is it possible that this movie isn't just for teenage girls?
Leave all your thoughts in the "comments" section - which I fixed by the way so now you shouldn't need an account to speak your mind

With files from Entertainment Weekly

1 comment:

  1. Um...personally I would not want to live in a world where a sparkly vampire beats Batman (even though I heart the books) and Sexy Greg agrees with me.

    ReplyDelete